The Council’s most recent 2021/22 statement of accounts is provided below. The accounts will be updated monthly:
Summary accounts at 31 March 2022 (draft)
The Parish Council is required to publish details of all payments made in excess of £500.00. The document below shows all payments of £500.00 and above (net of VAT). This information will be updated quarterly in July, October, January and April.
Transactions in excess of £500 (April 2021 to March 2022)
In the interests of transparency the Council also publishes details of all income and expenditure incurred over the last 3 calendar months:
March 2022 cashbook report
February 2022 cashbook report
January 2022 cashbook report
The Parish Council is required to publish information relating to grants made, land and buildings and procurement in order to comply with the Local Government Transparency Code 2015. This requirement applies to all local councils which have either gross annual income or expenditure exceeding £200,000. This information is updated quarterly in July, October, January and April.
Community grants amounting to £1,230 were made for entertainments associated with the Women’s Bike Ride which passed through Long Melford in October 2021. A further community grant of £375 was made to hire a snow machine for the Long Melford Festival in November 2021.
1. a contract was issued to AJ Griggs in the sum of £6,783.40 + VAT for outside lighting at the Old School car park and paid on 6 July 2021.
2. In November 2021 a contract was issued to P Crawford (Contractors) Ltd in the sum of £15,679 + VAT for improvements to the Upper Green. The following payments were made:
£5,459.00+ VAT on 9 November 2021;
£3,180.54 + VAT on 18 January 2022;
£5,317.85 + VAT on 14 February 2022;
£2,945.98 + VAT on 14 March 2022.
The overspend of £1,224.37 was approved by the Council on 3 March 2022 following a requirement by planners to upgrade the swing gate specification.
3. No tenders exceeding £25,000 were issued during the 2021/22 financial year. However, during 2021/22, Suffolk County Council completed a long-term project upgrading of street lights in Long Melford. A payment of £74,073.10 + VAT was made on 9 November 2021.
1. The Parish Council has a lease to provide an estimated 65 unmarked parking spaces at the Old School which is located on High Street just below The Green. The Parish Council provides free parking on this site as a community service.
2. Local Councils are required to publish details of employees whose remuneration in the year was at least £50,000. No Long Melford Parish Council employee falls into this category.
The public are invited to exercise their right to review the Council’s accounting records between Monday 13 June and Friday 22 July 2022. The following notice and summary of rights advises how this right can be exercised.
Notice of Public Rights of unaudited AGAR
Summary of public rights