Long Melford Parish Council is responsible for the Melford Country Park and the Melford Walk (both of which are designated Local Nature Reserves, leased from Suffolk County Council), and the Long Melford Cemetery situated next to the old churchyards of the Holy Trinity Church.
The Parish Council also provides a number of services and facilties that are not delivered by either the County Council or the District Council. These include most of the village’s street lighting, the car parks at The Old School and the Upper Green, and the public toilets situated at the Melford Country Park, Cordell Road near the Bull Lane junction, and the top of Melford Green next to the Old Cemetery.
- It should be noted that the Parish Council doesn’t own, manage or operate any of the following amemities in the village.
- Melford Green – Contact the Melford Hall Estate: Tel. 01787 310444
- Long Melford Village Hall – Contact Village Hall bookings: Tel. 07379 894325
- Long Melford Old School Community Centre – Contact Community Centre bookings: Tel. 01787 319120
- Long Melford Allotments – Contact the Melford Hall Estate (Allotments Manager): Tel. 01787 371413