Distict & County Council Services

Many important services in Long Melford are provided either by Babergh Distict Council or Suffolk County Council. For problems and enquiries regarding these services, the appropriate council/department should be contacted directly. Details for a number of them are provided below.

If you are having difficulties with any district or county council service, then you can ask your local district councillor or county councillor to progress the matter on your behalf. For Long Melford, these are as follows:

Liz Malvisi – Tel.:  07891 018162  /  Email:  elisabeth.malvisi@babergh.gov.uk
John Nunn – Tel.:  07792 357039  /  Email:  john.nunn@babergh.gov.uk

Richard Kemp – Tel.:  07913 264069  /   Email:  richard.kemp@suffolk.gov.uk

For street lights
Access the Suffolk County Council website by clicking on this link. Press the start button found at the foot of the page. It will be useful to have the light number (shown on the lampost or pole) to hand before you start. The report will take only a few minutes to complete.

For pot holes
Access the Suffolk Highways website by clicking on this link. Use the “report a pothole” link found on the page. The report will take only a few minutes to complete. As a minimum you will need to know the name of the road where the pothole is located. It will also be helpful (although not essential) if you know the road post code, and of even more assistance if you can identify the precise location using the
what3words app, which can be downloded from what3words.com for installation on your smartphone or tablet device.